Symbol Mastery Tools
Symbol Mastery is a visual-spatial learning process that improves anyone's basic literacy skills. It's fun, even for young children and it's not restricted to children who are considered learning disabled.
These kits will help young and older, with or without a learning disability, learners to:
- Focus attention.
- Improve eye-hand coordination.
- Learn the alphabet.
- Learn basic punctuation.
- Develop and strengthen pre-reading and basic reading skills.
- Prevent the potential of a learning problem.
- Improve sight word recognition and comprehension.
- Establish life-long "how to learn" skills.
- A helpful tool for all learning.
Learning without drill or repetition.
- Learning at your own pace.
Introducing reading to children age 4:
- To the reading concepts,
- To provide a beginning reading vocabulary.
- It gives children an understanding of the meanings of connective words, and their logical relation to other words in the sentence. This increases comprehension skills.
- It provides an important bridge between reading methods based on phonics instruction.
- And those based on a broad exposure to children's literature.
- Adaptable for all Ages and reading level
- Several persons can work with clay at the same time, on very different levels. As an example:
- A 4-year-old might be learning to roll and shape the clay, and starting on the first letters of the alphabet.
- A 7-year-old can be working through the word list contained in the Symbol Mastery manual.
- A 10-year-old could use the same techniques to master new terms encountered in reading a science book.
- Self-Paced and Individualized
- The child can work at his own speed and according to his own comfort level. There are no worksheets to complete or written tests.
- It's based on mastery, which means that the child will fully understand a particular idea or concept before it moves on, whether it is an aspect of reading, math, or any other area of study. Once mastered, there is no need for repetition or drill.
- Compatible with all Methods and Approaches
- Symbol Mastery fits in with whatever education approach is followed.
Who will benefit?
- All age, form age 4 and up (adults) with or without learning disabilities.
- Beginning readers.
- Kids in the kindergarten.
- Young children and pre-readers in general.
- For after school activities and enrichment.
- Home tutoring and home schooling.
Symbol Mastery Kits
These two kits are based on the Davis methods for dyslexia correction, and terrific investment, as it can be used for many years and shared among all the children in the family.
You can buy these Symbol Mastery Kits online at the Davis Dyslexia Association:
Tips on "How to Symbol Master".
The book "The Gift of Learning": Proven New Methods for Correcting ADD, Math & Handwriting Problems < Previous
Next > Software program ReadOn